DofE Canoeing Expeditions
No Limits Development offers DofE Expeditions by canoe at Silver and Gold level and will design a programme of canoe training and expeditions specifically for your DofE group, at locations convenient to your school.
We only deliver canoe expeditions at Silver and Gold levels as we feel students at Bronze should gain basic transferable expedition skills in walking prior to moving onto a different mode of travel at Silver or Gold.
Participants may also have an opportunity to gain BCU qualifications, including their BCU 1 star award during their practice expedition.
What we include
- Comprehensive pre-expedition paperwork pack for participants and parents, including consent forms and kit lists etc.
- Assistance with expedition paperwork. We will complete operating authority notifications, green forms and risk assessments.
- High quality training at your school, or a venue close to you, to assist with completing route cards and menu plans etc
- Parents Q&A at the end of training – let us answer the questions for you.
- Supervision throughout the expeditions from experienced instructors who will support and encourage..
- Accredited assessors for the qualifying expedition.
- Booking of campsites and campsite fees.
- All group equipment.
Group and canoe kit
The following kit is included in the cost:
- Stoves, Pans and Fuel
- Group Shelters
- First Aid Kits
- Buoyancy Aids
The rivers and waterways we currently use include Wye, Severn, Thames, Medway, Eden, Poole Harbour, Dee and The Great Glen. We also use various lakes and canals for training purposes, meaning that we can usually find a venue close to yourselves for practice expeditions to keep costs travel down. Delivery staff are all highly qualified with significant experience of undertaking personal expeditions & have extensive local knowledge of the waterway being used.
Our prices for DofE Expedition by canoe are £55 per person per day with a minimum of 14 students participating. We can provide a more accurate quote once we have an indication of student numbers & duration of each expedition.
For participants who have completed Canoeing at Silver level this mode of travel lends itself for expeditions abroad, including Croatia, Norway, France & Canada and would be happy to discuss these further.