A leadership programme designed to equip students with the necessary skills to become effective prefects.
For many schools being a Prefect is no longer about just getting a badge, as the role is now seen as a unique opportunity to develop leadership and interpersonal skills of their students. As such many schools are creating real roles with real responsibilities for Prefect’s and other Senior Students.
No Limits Development, in partnership with schools, has developed a high quality programme to support students as they step up into their leadership roles. Enabling them to develop skills that are necessary for effective performance, and to set personal objectives to ensure all Prefects make the most of this valuable opportunity.
Our workshops are tailored to the specific needs of each school and can be delivered within the school.
The programme helps students to develop a greater understanding of the following:
- What it means to be a Prefect – the role and responsibilities.
- Why it is important for the Prefect’s to work as an effective team, and how they can achieve this.
- The key skills that they as an individual bring to the team (this session can incorporate simple psychometrics if required to explore personal preferences).
- The types of scenario they may face as a Prefect and how to deal with issues in an appropriate manner.
The programme will also provide an opportunity to develop the following skills:
- Effective communication with a range of people, including students, teachers and parents.
- Problem solving.
- Delegation and time management.
- Negotiation skills including how to structure and present a case to influence change within the school.
- Acting as a mediator and support network for fellow pupils.
Location: On site or other suitable location
Duration: 1 day on school grounds or can be delivered at an alternative venue for a longer period of time.